The mission of Just a Girl in Camas is to bring communities together by helping community members know each other better and believe in the goodness of all humanity, through video interviews, social media, shared spaces, events, and advocacy. Community is about working together to make this city we live in functional and friendly while respecting our neighbors and the beauty of the land around us.
Tune in to part two of my interview with Denis Hayes, the coordinator of the first Earth Day. He talks about that day back in 1970 when he started the morning with a sunrise ceremony with Native Americans. What group of people do you think rose to the challenge and helped create the awareness and movement of “Earth Day?” Watch and find out.
Video and edit work by Double Pixel Studios
Photo courtesy of SEE Annie Photos
- Denis Hayes-coordinator of the first Earth Day-Part 1
- Camas Montessori School
- The historic Camas Hotel
- AHHH! PLASTIC! RECYCLE IT! STOP USING IT!
- 100 Women Who Care with Christie Ribary and Salud!
- Nick and Tami’s A Wedding Affair to Remember
- Santa and Mrs. Claus!
- SRO Tim Fellows with the Camas School District
- Local Artist Anna Norris